The Perfect Mocktail – with a Botanical Twist!
Posted by James Wong August 21, 2014 | 1 min read
After a summer of Pimm’s and Champagne, why not sidestep the fuzzy head and quench your thirst with a delicious botanical mocktail? Packed with skin-loving ingredients like juicy pomegranate, uplifting mint and zesty lime (and not a splash of alcohol), a jug of this ruby-red elixir is just the thing to brighten up late summer soirees, and keep you refreshed and invigorated all weekend long.
What you’ll need
- Jewels of one pomegranate
- Two large handfuls of mint
- Two fresh limes
- One litre sour cherry juice
- Cubes of finely diced ginger
- Scoop out the pomegranate jewels and place at the bottom of a large jug.
- Add the mint.
- Quarter the limes and squeeze their juice into the jug; add the squeezed quarter to the jug too.
- Using the blunt end of a rolling pin, gently crush the fruit and mint.
- Add a scoop of crushed ice and top up with the sour cherry juice.
- Add the cubes of finely diced ginger, give it a quick stir and you’re ready to pour!