Terms & Conditions
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
lizearle.com is a website operated by Liz Earle Beauty Co. Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 3070395 and have our registered office at The Green House, Nicholson Road, Ryde, Isle of Wight PO33 1BD. Our VAT number is 240430259.
Please visit our ‘Contact Us’ page, for ways to get in touch with us.
BY USING OUR WEBSITE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our website.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW OUR WEBSITE
We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our website for business and operational reasons.
OUR WEBSITE IS ONLY FOR CONSUMERS IN THE UK
Our website is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our website is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
If you choose, or you are provided with, login details, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your login details or password, please contact us immediately.
INFORMATION ON OUR WEBSITE
We have made every effort to reproduce colours on our website as accurately as possible. However, different computers and mobile devices reproduce colours in slightly different ways, and so exact colour matches are not yet possible over the Internet. This means that when you order products from our website, colours may differ from what you see on the screen. If you are not satisfied with the colour of the item you have ordered, we operate a returns policy (see our ‘Returns and Refunds’ page for more information).
OFFERS AND PROMOTIONS
Where we refer to 'bestselling' products on lizearle.com, it is based on the number of products sold online during the last 7 days. Where a product is labelled 'bestselling', it means its sales have exceeded all others in the particular product list or search field it features in. A 'top-rated product' is a product with the highest star rating based on ratings and reviews made by our customers. Our 'new products' highlight the most recently launched products on lizearle.com. Our 'featured products' are those we have chosen to highlight and 'our favourite' products are ‘our favourites’ out of those sold on lizearle.com.
OFFERS: GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms will apply to all offers on our website
* All offers are subject to availability.
* Availability while stocks last.
* We reserve the right to limit certain offers to 1 order per customer as defined by their email address and/or credit card address and/or delivery address.
* Offers are non-transferable.
* We reserve the right to withdraw our offers without notice.
* Promotional offers and events online may differ to those in our stores due to differences in the range of products available, the length of time the offer is available, and the operational costs involved. We are however committed to ensuring our prices and are fair and clear.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO
Where our website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
WHEN YOU BUY PRODUCTS FROM OUR WEBSITE
ACCEPTANCE OF ORDERS
Working with industry-leading secure payment processors, we validate your order and the payment details you submit to us before your order can be accepted.
If your order passes our validation checks we will send you an order confirmation email, this is our acceptance of your order and it brings into existence a legally binding agreement between us.
Liz Earle reserves the right to restrict the number of items available for sale to any individual customer. All orders are subject to availability.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
We have taken great care to ensure the prices published on our website are accurate. Prices may change over time, so if you use your Order History within 'My account' as a way of re-ordering items, prices on your previous order may no longer be valid. However, the correct prices will be applied when you select an item from the Order History and add to your current basket. All prices include VAT where appropriate. Promotions and prices you see in Liz Earle stores and other third parties do not always apply to lizearle.com, and vice versa.
We accept payment by most major credit or debit cards and PayPal. Payment will be debited from your account before the dispatch of your purchase.
All orders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Please see our ‘Delivery Information’ page for information on delivery options and ‘Delivery FAQs’.
Please see our ‘Returns and Refunds’ page for details of our returns policy, and how you can return a product or cancel an order.
Our website is available for non-commercial and domestic use only. We reserve the right to reject or cancel your order if we believe you are ordering our products for business or other re-sale purposes. We apply limits to some of our products to protect stock availability so that as many of our customers as possible are able to buy our products. We will also take any action considered appropriate, including removing or suspending an account if we believe you are ordering for business or re-sale purposes.
INTERACTIVE FEATURES: RATING AND REVIEWS, QUESTION AND ANSWER SERVICE
From time to time, our website may offer features that allow you to submit content, such features may include a Customer Ratings and Review (“CRR”) feature and a Question and Answers (“Q&A”) feature. By submitting any content on our website (whether as part of the CRR or Q&A features or otherwise), you represent and warrant that:
* you are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
* all 'moral rights' that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
* all content that you post is accurate;
* you are the parent of any pictures or images of children submitted by you and that you consent to the use of such images.
You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
* that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
* that is pornographic;
* that incites violence;
* that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence;
* that infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
* that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
* that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
* for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
* that includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or
* that contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
* Inappropriate or unsafe medical advice, including Reference to inappropriate use of a medicine or medical device
* Disparaging Reference to a healthcare product, company, institution or medical profession
* Reference to inappropriate use of a vitamin, mineral, supplement or other complementary healthcare product
* Reference to a named healthcare professional
* Medicinal claims made about a product which is not a medicine
* Excessive praise for a medicine likely to encourage others to over-use
* Messages which, in the moderators view contains vulgar, offensive, sexually orientated, racist or abusive language
* Messages which appear to be blatant advertisements
* Messages which cause offence or distress to anyone reading them (including where users have reported abuse on a post and our moderation team uphold the abuse report)
* Messages which contain personal details such as e-mail address, postal address or telephone number
* Messages which contain price information which is misleading
* Messages which are posted with a username or profile image that could be deemed offensive
* We will not be able to post messages in any other language other than English
If users do not adhere to these guidelines we may delete their posts. We reserve the right to delete any message or rating and review displayed on our website at any time, for any reason without notice.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
* We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
* Please note that we only provide our website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
RULES ABOUT LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our website in any website that is not owned by you.
Our website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All brand names, product and service names and titles and copyrights used in our website are trademarks, trade names, service marks or copyrights of their respective holders. No permission is given by Liz Earle Beauty Co. Ltd for their use by any person other than the said holders and such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
All designs, text, graphics and their selection and arrangement on our website are the copyright of Liz Earle Beauty Co. Ltd or its content providers. Permission is granted to users to electronically copy or print portions of our website for their own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of materials on our website without Liz Earle Beauty Co. Ltd prior written consent is strictly prohibited.
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIALS ON OUR WEBSITE
Your use of our website grants no rights to you in relation to our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of third parties. All such rights not expressly granted are reserved. You may not modify, copy, translate, broadcast, perform, display, distribute, frame, reproduce, republish, display, post, transmit or sell any content or intellectual property appearing on our website.
You agree not to change or delete any ownership notices from materials downloaded or printed from our website.
Any contract between us, whether for use of our website or in relation to the purchase of products or services through our website will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and all parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.