The last four weeks before a wedding can be an intense, but hugely enjoyable, time. Make a conscious effort not to overload yourself and build in slots for some pampering me-time, even if it’s only spending an extra 5 minutes in the evening on your cleansing ritual. While the last 5 months have been about the bigger picture, now you can start to finesse the details of your day, which may include dedicating some time to grooming your groom, as well as yourself!
By now your wedding skin prep efforts of the last five months will be starting to show. This month turn your attention to the little details that can, and will, make all the difference to your confidence as you walk down the aisle.
- Your hands will be on constant show from cutting the cake to that all-important ring shot, so take the time to nourish them with a deeply hydrating hand formula, such as our Orange Flower Hand Repair™
- Even the most modern groom may need some gentle encouragement in the skincare department. A simple, fuss-free cleanse, tone and moisturise routine will work wonders to refresh his skin, while our Gentle Face Exfoliator and Deep Cleansing Mask will help buff away dead skin cells and impurities for a super smooth finish.
- While invasive facial treatments or extractions are best avoided in the last two weeks prior to your wedding, a bridal facial featuring deep tissue massage, like our Superskin™ Botanical Lift, can provide a wonderful radiance boost as it works to leave skin looking lifted, plumped and refreshed, while helping to visibly sculpt the facial contours. If in doubt, always consult with a therapist who understands your skin type before booking your bridal facial.
- The effects of stress can, quite literally, be written all over your face so treat yourself to a relaxing massage to help dissolve any pre-wedding tension and boost your natural endorphin levels. Our luxurious Full Body Botanical Bliss Massage helps gently ease tension and muscle strain, giving your wellbeing a much-needed boost in these final few weeks.
Hair and make up
- Book in for a manicure to tidy up cuticles and refine your nail shape – glossy, polished nails are the perfect partner, even if you opt for very simple wedding makeup.
- Book a brow shape and, if necessary, tint towards the end of this month, then invest in a new pair of precision tweezers to keep brows groomed and tidy in the final week or so.
- See your hairdresser for a practice wedding hair appointment. If possible, take a trusted friend or family member to give you an honest second opinion and, perhaps more importantly, photograph your style from every possible angle.
- If you’re having a spray tan, go for a trial run this month to check the colour is exactly what you expected. Keeping your skin smooth and hydrated with a body scrub and hydrating cream or lotion will give you better results as fake tan has a tendency to stick to areas of dry or rough skin, so pay special attention to your elbows, knees, heels and ankles.
If you’re using a wedding makeup artist book your trial, or if you’re doing your own bridal makeup, have a practice trial run. In both instances, ask somebody to photograph you afterwards so you can decide if there are any features you’d like to accentuate further or tone down.
- The secret to long-wearing wedding makeup is all in the prep, so be sure to cleanse and tone thoroughly, before smoothing on a blueberry-size amount of your chosen Skin Repair™ or Superskin™ Moisturiser to create a perfectly primed canvas for your base. Our award-winning Sheer Skin Tint™ SPF 15 is the perfect choice for a natural wedding makeup, or for brides in hot climates (be sure to use an extra facial SPF if spending time outdoors). Or, if you prefer a more polished bridal look, try our Signature Foundation teamed with our Natural Finish Powder in a loose or pressed format. For a final flush of pretty colour, our Healthy Glow Cream is perfect for radiant brides of all skin tones.