Here's your opportunity to become part of a Great British brand. Liz Earle Beauty Company has 20 years' botanical beauty expertise and is multi award-winning. From our roots on the Isle of Wight, our home-grown brand has flourished and products can now be found in over 100 locations within the UK.
As a Packaging Technologist at Liz Earle, you will be working as part of the Technical team to ensure the best possible packaging components are developed for our products. As directed, you will manage the sourcing, development, production, testing and delivery of these components on time and at the quality expected. You will also work with current suppliers to maintain ongoing quality standards and minimise costs. Additionally you will work cross functionally along with various LEBC departments to deliver projects on time and in budget.
- Provide advice and technical support to the Design and Brand teams during the evolution of packaging design.
- Develop packaging solutions that meet target COGs / margin by obtaining quotes from suppliers. Also considering the impact of component MOQ’s and lead-times.
- Test all components by utilising test facilities at component suppliers, contract fillers and internally to ensure all packaging is fit for purpose. Run print trials and line trials as appropriate to ensure all packaging is robust and repeatable.
- Clearly specify all components and finished packs by writing thorough component specifications and packing specifications for issue to third party fillers / component suppliers.
- Set clear quality standards for internal QC, contract filler QC and component supplier QC and develop quality range boards as required to ensure our high quality standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure all activities are executed in accordance with the project critical path, being flexible and re-prioritising as required to maintain timings whilst managing risk.
- Be responsible for delivering packaging solutions to existing products as new products.
- Contributing to the continual review and improvement of internal processes.
- Challenge existing ways of working and propose more efficient methods.
Who are we looking for?
You will have a degree in packaging and/or previous experience in a packaging related discipline in a technical personal care packaging role. Alternatively you will have at least 3 A Levels, one of which being a technical or scientific subject combined with IOM3 Certificate or Diploma in Packaging (or working towards this). You will naturally be a self-starter, with the ability to work on your initiative as required. You will also be analytical and numerate and your skill set will include being results driven, with the customer always at the heart of what you do. You will possess a positive and forward looking attitude and have excellent stakeholder management skills. You will have the ability to work as a part of cross functional project teams, effectively communicating with stakeholders at all levels internally and externally, taking full ownership for the technical delivery of packaging solutions across new and existing products.
What can we offer you in return?
As a Packaging Technologist to the fastest growing UK based premium skincare brand you will be pivotal in ensuring the quality and sustainability of our packaging solutions ensuring our precious recipe We Care More, We Never Settle, We Are One Team is translated to everyday actions. With Liz Earle Beauty Company reaching our 21 year anniversary this year, there could not be a more exciting time to join. This is your chance to be part of something special. #joinlizearle
- 25 days holiday
- 3% Contributory Pension Scheme
- Generously monthly product allowance
- Personal product discount scheme of 50%
- Friends and Family Discount Scheme
- Annual Profit Share Scheme
- 2 x Salary Life Assurance
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter including current salary details and daytime telephone number to email@example.com quoting Packaging Technologist on the subject line of your application.
Please note - due to the high volume of applications that we receive for our roles, we are unable to personally reply to all applications and only successful candidates will be contacted. Please do feel free to apply again in the future if you see something else you are interested in. Liz Earle Beauty Co. is an equal opportunities employer.