Botanical Shine™ Nourishing Hair Oil for all hair types
Naturally active ingredients
- Coconut oil (Coco nucifera (coconut) oil)
- The coconut palm, Cocos nucifera, is a large palm reaching 30 metres (nearly 100 feet) in height. The coconut oil we use in Liz Earle Naturally Active Haircare is pressed on the Kenyan coast from a mixture of wild-harvested and plantation-grown coconuts using a sustainable direct micro expelling process to produce a virgin, cold pressed, unrefined oil. Coconut oil is extracted from the flesh of mature coconuts which contains around 33% oil, which helps to moisturise and smooth hair.
- Abyssinian Seed Oil (Crambe Abyssinica)
- The Crambe Abyssinica is an oilseed crop belonging to the family of Brassicaceae. It is an annual plant with a higher resistance against drought in comparison to other oilseed crops due to a long tap root.
- Daikon radish seed oil (Raphanus sativus (radish) seed oil)
- Daikon or white radish originated in central Asia: the common name Daikon originates from the Japanese for ‘large root’, while the Chinese for white radish translates literally as ‘white carrot’, both accurate descriptions of the shape of the radish. Daikon radish seed oil is a very new ingredient, introduced for its light emollient properties to help give the hair gloss, and one we have been exploring since our meadowfoam seed supplier first experimented with pressing radish seeds.
- Kalahari Melon Seed Oil (Citrullus lanatus)
- The biological ancestor of the watermelon. It is native to the semi-arid zones of the Kalahari Desert as it requires long periods of heat and dryness for optimal growth.
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- This antioxidant helps protect skin against free radical damage caused by pollution and the sun’s radiation. We only use premium natural source vitamin E which is up to three times more potent than the synthetic variety.
Full ingredients list
At Liz Earle, high performance, quality and safe ingredients are our priority.
The ingredients in this product are:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, Raphanus sativus (radish) seed oil, Citrullus lanatus (watermelon) seed oil, Cetyl dimethicone, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, Phenoxyethanol, Aminopropyl phenyl trimethicone, Parfum (fragrance), Limonene, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Linalool, Butylparaben, Benzyl salicylate, Citral, Citronellol.
Please take a moment to read our ingredients philosophy.