Botanical Shine Conditioner for dry or damaged hair
Naturally active ingredients
- Blue Seakale Extract (Crambe maritima)
- A member of the cabbage family, sea kale is a perennial halophyte (salt-loving plant) perfectly adapted to the nutrient-poor conditions of coastal sand and shingle where it is found in the wild. While Crambe maritima is native to our island home, it is a rare and protected species on the Isle of Wight. The seakale we use is harvested from sustainable plantations of seakale in Brittany, France.
- Patchouli Essential Oil (Pogostemon cablin)
- Patchouli has reviving and stimulating properties and is used by aromatherapists to help soothe skin and help calm stress. It is even reported to be a mild aphrodisiac! The sweet, spicy, heady odour of patchouli makes it a very popular fragrance ingredient.
- Cedarwood - Virginian Essential Oil (Juniperus virginiana)
- This essential oil has a woody odour reminiscent of pencil sharpenings. It is widely used in fine fragrances and aftershave lotions.
- Geranium Essential Oil (Pelargonium graveolens)
- This essential oil provides a wonderfully uplifting fragrance. Pelargonium graveolens, known as rose-scented geranium has a powerful rose-like odour. This luxurious oil is most commonly used in aromatherapy for its toning and balancing properties.
- Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis)
- The gel found in this cactus-like plant’s fat juicy fronds contain active ingredients to help cool, soothe and soften the skin. Aloe vera has been used for more than 6000 years to treat a variety of skin ailments, including sunburn, blisters and burns.
- West African Shea (Vitellaria paradoxa)
- Shea nuts are wild-harvested in the forested savannah of Africa in an area that extends west-east for approximately 5,000 kilometers between the latitudes of 11 and 14 degrees north of the equator. Our West African shea is from the Tung Teiya Women’s Shea Association in Ghana. Eleven women’s groups, comprising of 450 women, generate income from harvesting shea, valuing and conserving their semi-arid ecosystem. Shea butter improves the elasticity of the skin and enhances the barrier function of the epidermis, helping it to retain moisture.
- Lemon Essential Oil (Citrus limon)
- Lemon essential oil is cold pressed from the peel of the fruit. The oil is contained within glands in the outer layer of the peel. The oil is used in aromatherapy and has a refreshing and uplifting effect, and is sometimes referred to as 'the sunshine oil'. Studies have shown that dispersing lemon oil into the atmosphere helps improve concentration; in Japan it is used in this way and is said to reduce typing errors in the workplace.
- Sweet Orange Fruit Extract (Citrus aurantium dulcis)
- Juice, frozen and fresh, is the primary commercial product made from the fruit of the sweet orange. From honey and marmalade to sweets, all parts of the fruit are used in cuisines around the globe. Sweet orange fruit extract’s inherent acidity helps to flatten the cuticles of the hair shaft leaving hair shiny and smooth.
- Vanilla Extract (Vanilla planifolia)
- Vanilla planifolia is the source of the flavour and fragrance ingredient vanilla. It is an orchid native to the moist tropical lowland forests of Mexico and Central America. Used in perfumery and flavouring for millennia, vanilla remains among the most expensive of the world’s spices due to the amount of effort involved in hand pollinating, cultivating, harvesting and curing the pods.
- Apple Fruit Extract (Pyrus malus/Malus x domestica)
- Belonging to the rose family, these pomaceous tree fruits are related to pears and quinces. More than 15,000 named varieties of apples have been developed over centuries of cultivation, but only around 100 are commercially grown. Apple extract is used for its inherent acidity in our Haircare range. This helps to flatten the cuticles of the hair shaft leaving hair shiny and smooth. Idared, Granny Smith and Golden Delicious apples are the source of our extract.
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- This antioxidant helps protect skin against free radical damage caused by pollution and the sun’s radiation. We only use premium natural source vitamin E which is up to three times more potent than the synthetic variety.
- Carrot Seed Essential Oil (Daucus carota)
- The carrot’s umbrella-shaped clusters of small, white to green-yellow flowers are followed by small, oval, dull brown fruits commonly referred to as seeds. The oil obtained from these seeds has a distinctive sweet-spicy, earthy fragrance and is commonly used in chypre and oriental perfumes.
- Rosemary Essential Oil/Extract (Rosmarinus officinalis)
- This renowned and once sacred herb has been used for centuries in beauty preparations. Rosemary essential oil has a fresh pungent aroma and is very invigorating and stimulating. The extract has beneficial antioxidant properties.
Full ingredients list
At Liz Earle, high performance, quality and safe ingredients are our priority.
The ingredients in this product are:
Aqua (water), Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, Cetearyl alcohol, Behentrimonium chloride, Glyceryl stearate, Vitellaria paradoxa (shea butter), Calodendrum capense (yangu) seed oil, Pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, Citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract, Tocopherol (vitamin E),
Crambe maritima (blue seakale) extract, Panthenol, Limonene, Parfum (fragrance), Butylene glycol, Isopropyl alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Cetrimonium chloride, Linalool, Benzoic acid, Phytantriol, Dehydroacetic acid, Benzyl salicylate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium hydroxide, Citric acid.
Please take a moment to read our ingredients philosophy.