Eyebright™ Soothing Eye Lotion
Naturally active ingredients
- Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis)
- The gel found in this cactus-like plant’s fat juicy fronds contain active ingredients to help cool, soothe and soften the skin. Aloe vera has been used for more than 6000 years to treat a variety of skin ailments, including sunburn, blisters and burns.
- Otherwise known as pro-vitamin B5, this B vitamin is necessary for the normal functioning of the skin and has a moisturising effect. It also helps stimulate cellular renewal.
- Eyebright Extract (Euphrasia officinalis)
- Eyebright is said to be named after Euphrosyne the Greek goddess of good cheer, joy, mirth and merriment because of the gladness it brought to sufferers of eye problems. This tiny plant is still used by herbalists today to help reduce puffy eyes
- Witch Hazel Water (Hamamelis virginiana)
- Witch hazel is a deciduous shrub or small tree. Its other common names, winterbloom and snapping hazel illustrate its unusually late flowering period and its explosive bursting seeds that can be ejected as far as 20 feet away from the plant. Naturally rich in tannins the distillate produced from witch hazel has a mildly astringent effect, helping to tone the skin.
- Cornflower Extract (Centaurea cyanus)
- Considered weeds by corn farmers, cornflowers were found in Tutankamun’s tomb and were almost as blue as they would have been in 1550BC. An extract from these dainty blue flowers has been used for minor inflammations of the eye.
Full ingredients list
At Liz Earle, high performance, quality and safe ingredients are our priority.
The ingredients in this product are:
Aqua (water), Hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, PEG-60 almond glycerides, Glycerin, Decyl glucoside, Centaurea cyanus (cornflower) flower extract, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, Euphrasia officinalis extract, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Benzoic acid, Dehydroacetic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citric acid, Sodium benzoate, Potassium sorbate.
Please take a moment to read our ingredients philosophy.